
For the past two or three months Dave has been training for this relay race Spokane to Sandpoint. He and 11 other guys took turns running different "legs" of the race. It was 190 miles and they started Friday morning and finished Saturday afternoon. I met the team for part of the race and was able to get this picture of Dave finishing the first part of his leg of the race. It was really HOT! I think around 100 degrees and Dave was running in the heat of the day 3:00 o'clock in the afternoon. He did awesome!!! He has always said he hated running but thanks to his marathon friends they have encouraged him take up the sport. He is now encouraging the whole family to be a part of the annual Labor Day Fun run which is a 5K run! We are so proud of him and this accomplishment!!
4 comments:
Good for you Dave! Running in the heat of the day is definitely NOT something I could do!
I really like doing 5k fun runs! That would be fun for your family!
Go dave Go!!! Kudos to him for being motivated enough to actually accomplish a race!!! makes me tired thinking about it.....:)
Way to go Dave!
That is a great accomplishment!
Way to go Dave! At least the gray hair doesn't slow you down- By the way, I think I can smell you from Middleton! Pretty impressive!
Post a Comment