I have decided that my life is full of love/hate relationships. I LOVE being a seminary teacher but I hate it at the same time (It is WAY too early for anyone to have to get up!!) And I LOVE being a missionary mom but hate it all at the same time!!
Since the last time I added to my blog I have sent off another missionary. Caleb left Nov 20th for the Provo MTC and then off to Russia! In some ways things were easier the second time around and in more ways they were harder. It is definitely easier to get a son ready for a mission than it is to get a daughter ready. Suits, ties and white shirts are much easier to find than 10 different outfits! But saying goodbye to another child for 2 years is the hardest thing EVER! When we dropped Caleb off at the Spokane airport, there were two other missionaries headed out at the same time. One was going to Mexico, the other to Arizona. I think I was the only parent crying! There was someone in the airport whistling a tune and it echoed throughout the entire airport. It made me cry even harder but was so neat at the same time. It was "Come Follow Me"
Even though it is hard as a mom to send my children out into the world...I know that there is no better place for them. They are learning, and growing and sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ to so many!
When I am starting to complain about having to get up and teach so early, I only think of my missionaries who are sacrificing their time, sleep, comforts of life to serve. It puts things into better perspective for sure!!
No comments:
Post a Comment