Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Big 4-0







Dave turned the big 40 yesterday! He went fishing with the boys, his dad and our neighbor Jeff. They all caught some fish and it seemed like they had a good time. It wasn't a very warm day there was even some snow storms reported in the high elevations. Crazy! We had a steak dinner and then Dave got to open his 40 presents. Some of the presents were to keep him young (silly string, candy, thumb wrestlers) and others were to help him in his old age(denture wash, men's depends) He did get some of the things he asked for like accesories for his Zune. We had banana cream pie since Dave doesn't like cake and we lit the candles (40 of them) I bought those candles that are like sparklers and while it was fun to watch Dave try to blow them out, they put ash all over the pie! Not such a great idea! Happy Birthday old man!!

5 comments:

valerie said...

And I thought 30 was old, man was I wrong!!! I am proud that you went fishing Dave, never thought you were into that, I might have to pass that along and you can go with mike and justin someday!!! :)
Cindy I love the present idea, you and your creativity! 40 presents is quite a lot, Dave must have been so surprised!
Good to know about the candles, sorry that kind of ruined the pie....but I'm sure everyone still ate it just fine right?
Justin is the same with cake.....not a fan, would rather have cheesecake!
Well I have left a long enough comment, Happy big 4-0 Dave!
I love you guys!

Matt and Janae said...

Wow! 40...huh? :) Happy Birthday Dave! 40 presents is such a fun idea Cindy! Great pics!

hilla said...

hahaha! Love the mens' depends. He looks so proud to hold them up too. I don't think I've seen Dave in maybe 10 years.... could it really have been that long? Your fam is cute as ever.

Derek said...

40?!?!? Holy crap that's OLD!!! You are going to get schooled even more so now on the football field :)

Tracey Nelson said...

Dabe! Holy cow are you getting old....like the rest of us. I can't believe your 40th slipped by me.....but what do you expect from someon who hasn't sent your grad package yet. Happy late bday old man.